Lelit Mara X Espresso Machine
A big legend in a small body! The Mara is placed at the prestigious end of many home espresso machines. It combines the best technology available - the legendary E61 grouphead inside an incredibly compact, full stainless steel body. Resulting in a marvelous, appealing and super compact espresso machine enabling users to extract the most tasty espressos and cappuccinos you can dream of.
The Lelit Mara X is the manufacturer’s next big innovation! Over two years in research and development to perfect the E61 heat exchanger. Equipped with a dual-PID, adjustable temperature sensor. Now you can be an amazing home barista, thanks to how compact the Mara X is with its semi-commercial qualities.
Lelit has researched endlessly to decrease the noise of the vibration pump when compared to other E61 machines with vibration pumps. In addition, the Lelit Mara X espresso machine integrates not 1, but 2 PID sensors to monitor temperature stability for higher quality espresso extractions.
With the help of some of these features as well as the machine’s incredible heat exchange system, you will be producing excellent espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes in no time!
Lelit Mara X Espresso Machine features
- 1 year parts and labor
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
- Heavy Metals Migration: The boiler for Mara machines is made of copper (CW024A type- having the 0,015% to a max. 0,040% of lead) with the flanges made of CW510L alloy (OT57- free-lead brass).
- The E61brewer and the steam and hot water taps, are made of brass (OT58 – “CW617N”), but a surface processing (Stecrhome type- NSF regulation conformity) is performed, to reduce the lead migration.
- Weight (pounds) - 42
- Voltage (volts) - 110-120
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- Manual resettable safety thermostat – Located on top of the boiler.
- Stainless steel, insulation – The boiler is made of stainless steel, but please note any stainless steel boiler can develop limescale. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention. Internal pipes also in copper.
- Thermo-siphon double-cycle system – Keeps the brew group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature.
- Polymer tubing connection – From the boiler to steam and hot water valves: Alimentary. Able to withstand high pressure and high temperatures up to 620 °F. Facilitates easier repairs. Most importantly, are limescale free.
- Power-saving system – Decreases the pressure in the steam boiler when the PL62X is not in active use. Thus, this prevents any needless misuse.
- Preset Temperature programming – Allows you to select from 3 different boiler temperature ranges for different coffee blends.
- Pre-set Temperatures Modes – With each mode comes three pre-set temperatures, which are warm, hot, and extra hot.
- Steam and coffee temperature detection – Performed two times per second and modifies the settings, depending on if the unit is given priority to coffee mode or steam mode.
- Double probe system – Sustains the brew temperature in order to consistently make the best shots of espresso.
- Efficient and quieter vibration pump – New Lelit Exclusive vibration pump that permits you to brew your espresso in your now utmost silent kitchen. Additionally, it provides water flow that gives you the flexibility to make all different types of coffee using different roasts.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents the heating element from damaging when there is no or low water in the reservoir. There is a two-stage shut off. There is a magnetic float in the water tank that detects when the water is low. The other is the spring-activated plate underneath the water tank that detects when the tank is removed.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- This machine can not be plumbed in.
- Always refill the tank / reservoir outside of the machine.
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Top half of boiler, which has steam, is measured. Measurement is from 0 to 4 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.2.
- Brew pressure gauge – This gauge measures the pump pressure required to get the water through the ground espresso coffee in the filter basket. If too coarse, the gauge will be below 8 bar. If too fine, the gauge will be over 10 bar. The same applies to the amount of the coffee in the basket as well as the tamping pressure. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back. This is known as the thermosyphon loop.
- Unique and accurate temperature – Unlike most traditional E61 espresso machines, the Lelit Mara X will allow you to extract espresso temperature is within 2 degrees C. Additionally, you can produce espresso any time without flushing to keep the grouphead’s temperature down.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates true pre-infusion. In a reservoir machine, the preinfusion is driven by the build up internal pressure in the heat exchanger. The newly-designed quieter pump enables getting a longer pre-infusion once the lever is brought all the way up to the horizontal position.
- Short wait time – The Lelit Mara PL62X is NOW one of the only espresso machines with an E61 grouphead that has a short waiting time in between brewing espresso. Get ready for those back to back shots when entertaining your guests!
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result, there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead.
- Cool touch feature – The Lelit Mara X espresso machine sports cool touch steam wands, meaning that you will not burn yourself while touching them! Additionally, they are simple to clean in order for you to avoid limescale and further enjoy creating your desired microfroth.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity. Joysticks typically have full open and full closed positions.
- Stainless steel – Brushed finish diminishes fingerprints.
- New custom temperature switch – No need to worry about the PL62X’s brewing temperature! Now you can use this new switch behind the drip tray and choose one of three settings. Furthermore, these settings are warm, hot, or extra hot.
- Height-adjustable feet – Can compromise with the size of your kitchen cabinets.
- Power plug – Completely detaches from the espresso machine and can fit into the drip tray for long term storage.
- Boiler capacity (liters) - 1.6
Got the MaraX around 20 days ago, have loved every bit of it so far. My power cord came scuffed, so I contacted Comiso and they sent me a replacement right away.
* Takes up little space on the counter
* Easy to operate
* Is much more consistent than my old machine.
* Takes 20 minutes to heat up, so I had to buy a smart plug for it.
* HEAVY. Not a big deal, but I had to reposition it once and it was not easy.
* Has a pipe under the grouphead that flushes out water when you close the lever. That sometimes splashes hot water onto my scale if I don't place it properly
Love my new machine! Shipped very securely without any damage. Just make sure you have a friend to help you unpack it.
The Mara X is a small but mighty machine. After using an entry level Breville machine for years it is great to have consistent temperatures when pulling back-to-back shots, lots of steaming power, and a well-built, sturdy machine. Experimenting with the different temperature settings when brewing beans with roast profiles has been a lot of fun and has improved my espresso. The classic e61 group head looks great on my coffee bar.
Comiso Coffee: Like many of you, I spent countless hours reading about machines and bouncing back and forth between the options. I finally settled on the Mara X and was looking at different sites to purchase. Comiso offered the unit at the best price so they won my business. The shipping was faster than advertised and my unit arrived in perfect condition. They also provided prompt responses to my inquiries. I would not hesitate to use Comiso again for future purchases.
Lelit MaraX: The build quality is excellent and the machine looks amazing on my counter. I’ve been making 2-4 drinks a day that taste better than the local bougie coffee shops and are way more consistent. The machine exceeded my every expectation, although I did read every review and watched all the youtube videos I could on this machine and its’ competitors. Looking forward to adding some wood accent knobs in the future and maybe the flow control kit from the Bianca once I hone in my barista skills. My only regret is I didn’t buy sooner.