Lelit Elizabeth Espresso Machine
The Lelit PL92T Elizabeth V3 is a dual boiler espresso machine built for efficiency. With brand new features consisting of an Economy Mode which allows users to disable the steam boiler at the push of the minus sign for 3 seconds. If the “E” lights up, then the machine is in Economy Mode. When you want to get out of Economy Mode, then hold the minus sign for 3 seconds again. A Reserve Mode which is active if the water stops coming out during an espresso shot. Users can finish performing the extraction WITHOUT wasting any espresso. The LCC display shows a tap icon next to the icon of the brewing time. Coffee comes out for the other 60 seconds. When the supply ends, the “lack of water” icon appears on the LCC display. An automatic cooling flush that will let users have an ideal temperature for extraction. Users can turn the function on prior to the brewing phase by pressing Coffee Button 1 and Coffee Button 2 simultaneously. Then, the “drop” icon will show up. The function can go from 1 to 6 seconds. The set-up value is 5 seconds.
The Automatic Purge function will let users have an ideal temperature for extraction. Users can turn the function on prior to the brewing phase by pressing Coffee Button 1 and Coffee Button 2 simultaneously. Then, the “drop” icon will show up. The function can go from 1 to 6 seconds. The set-up value is 5 seconds.
The Dual Boiler system features a 0.3 liter coffee boiler capacity. The coffee boiler is made brass which retains heat better than stainless steel. Typically brass boilers are more susceptible to limescale compared to stainless steel boilers. We highly recommend utilizing the water softener included with the machine. The steam boiler has a 0.6 liter (600 ml) capacity. Made of the quality stainless steel. A truly made boiler will out perform any thermoblock typically found on competitive models in Elizabeth’s price class! 1000 watts. Electricity alternates between boilers, unless the steam boiler is off.
The Elizabeth also features coffee and pump blooming via the coffee buttons. Works in Phase 1 of pre-infusion (WITH the steam boiler on) by adding water from the tank to improve the temperature of the pre-infusion for the espresso extraction. Hit the minus sign and select “BLS1” (or “BLS2”) from the technical menu. The coffee blooming function can go from 1 to 10 seconds. The coffee blooming function turns on automatically when making a coffee with the pre-infusion preset. Users can do pre-infusion WITHOUT the steam boiler on. Users can add water from the tank while using the pump power. Hit the minus sign and select “BLP1” (or “BLP2”) from the technical menu. The pump blooming function can go from 1 to 10 seconds. The pump blooming function turns on automatically when making a coffee with the steam boiler OFF and this function ON.
Lelit Elizabeth Espresso Machine features
- Includes a portafilter – 1 dual spout portafilter. The handle is designed with an angle which allows it to rest on a flat surface. This eliminates the need for a tamping station. The Lelit logo is imprinted on the portafilter head and handle.
- Includes filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which is used for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Includes a tamper – A cheap plastic tamper, common for most espresso machines to keep overall selling price of machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Includes a scoop – Simple plastic scoop if using preground coffee.
- Includes water softener – Helps reduce limescale buildup in your machine. Highly recommended to the replace the existing particle filter and install this water softener.
- Includes an instructional manual – Written in 7 different languages (English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Romanian, Russian). Instructions also work for the Lelit PL81T Grace.
- The coffee boiler temperature goes up to 110 degrees C (230 degrees F).
- Extraction time – Users will see this on the LCC for 20 seconds at the end of supply.
- Steam temperature – Users can lower the temperature to 115 degrees C (239 degrees F) from 135 degrees C (275 degrees F) for low-pressure pre-infusion.
- Real temperature – Push button “+.” The first one is the temperature of the coffee extraction. The second is the steam temperature.
- New cross fitting – NOW has a metal cross fitting rather than a plastic one.
- New expansion valve – NOW above the coffee boiler for user convenience.
- New anti-vacuum valve – A plastic pipette is also included, which will direct water from the anti-vacuum valve to the drip tray.
- New temperature probe and level probe – Improvement over older versions.
- Temperature adjustment – Change the temperature of the coffee boiler through Lelit’s very intuitive PID display and control center.
- Shot timer – Count the time. Need we say more?
- Preinfusion – Program your pre-infusion to your liking.
- Steam Boiler Shut Off – Want to save energy when not steaming milk?Turn off the steam boiler to speed up warm-up time and save energy.
- Brew (pump) pressure gauge – Located above the LCC. Measures between 0 – 16 bar. The optimal range is between 8 – 12 bar.
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wand is equipped with a rubber grip which helps you position the wand without burning your fingers.
- 1-hole steam tip – Allows for maximum steam power.
- Rotational knobs – Located on the right side of the machine. Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- Removal of old valve for self-starting pump.
- Incorporated newer 2020 Lelit silent pump system.
- 2 safety thermostats
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. Only 9 bar is needed to extract espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will be lest costly than a rotary vane pump.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. Can be removed if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shut off – Prevents burning out the heating element. The water tank sits on a spring activated plate. Once the water is low, the plate depresses the tank microswitch which turns off the heating element.
- Upgraded steam knob
- Note – The Lelit Elizabeth Version 2 will state “V1” on the box.
- Machines with a production date of October 2019 are confirmed to be the Lelit Elizabeth Version 2.
- 3 way solenoid valve to dry up the coffee powder.
- Wide passive cup warmer.
- Stainless steel, push button switches with backlights when engaged.
- Wide water tray in stainless steel complete with self-cleaning grate.
- Brushed stainless steel body.
- Height (inches) 15, approximate
- Width (inches) 12, approximate
- Depth (inches) 11, approximate
- Weight (pounds) 27
- Wattage (watts) Coffee – 1200, Steam – 1000
- Voltage (volts) 110-120
- Boiler capacity (liters) Coffee – 0.3, Steam – 0.6
- Portafilter size (mm) 58
- Tank capacity (liters) 2.5
- Country of manufacture Italy
- 3 year parts & labor warranty
- Heavy Metals Migration: The upper part of the boiler, is made of CW510L alloy (OT57-free-lead brass), having the 0,2% max. of lead
(value within the limits approved according to the DIN 50930-6 regulations), and the lower part is made of
OT58 brass but a chrome surface processing (Stecrhome type- NSF regulation conformity) is performed, to
reduce the lead migration.
- The fittings are in brass with nickel treatment, and the s. valves are made of brass OT58 – “CW617N”.
- The item code for the new expansion valve placed above the coffee boiler is MC931. The old expansion valve placed near the pump was Item MC097.
- The item code for the new anti-vacuum valve is MC9700052.
- The item code for the new temperature probe is MC9600092 and the item code for the new level probe is MC96000105.
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.