Ponte Vecchio Lusso Espresso Machine
The new and improved Lusso by Ponte Vecchio is packed with features, such as an internal steam pipe in the boiler having an extra welding to hold it in place. In older models, this pipe would sometimes break off. Fixed-position 3-hole steam wand located on the left and fixed-position hot water wand located on the right. Both are activated by rotational knobs on the left and right side of machine. Turn counter-clockwise to activate; counter-clockwise to deactivate. Indicator lights on the left side of machine. The upper left light is the heating light. It is on when the machine is heating up; off when the machine is ready to use. The lower left light is the water light. It is on when the water in the boiler is too low; off when the water in the boiler is at optimal level. Grouphead and portafilter made from a chrome-plated brass casting: unit preheated by forced circulation of hot water from boiler, always ready for use at optimum operating temperature.
Ponte Vecchio Lusso Espresso Machine features
- Accessories included: (2) Dual spout portafilter, (2) non-E.S.E. pod filter basket, (2) 1-cup filter basket, (2) 2-cup filter basket, plastic coffee tamper, metal scoop, plastic funnel, instruction manual.
- Stainless steel / brass piston.
- Removable drip tray & cup warming tray.
- Gauge measures steam boiler pressure (0 – 2.5 bar) located on the right.
- Visual control of water level located underneath the gauge. Keep an eye on this control when filling the boiler.
- Height (inches) 19, approximate
- Width (inches) 15, approximate
- Depth (inches) 17.5, approximate
- Weight (pounds) 27, approximate
- Wattage (watts) 1000
- Voltage (volts) 110-120
- Boiler capacity (liters) 3
- Portafilter size (mm) 45
- Approvals CE
- 1 year parts and labor warranty.
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.