ECM Casa V Espresso Machine
The Casa V is ECM’s entry-level semi-automatic espresso machine. However, don't be fooled, the Casa V is an incredibly powerful home unit! Featuring a single boiler and a durable stainless steel build. Easy access to over pressure valve for adjustable brew pressure. Extra-large drip tray and 3-way solenoid valve to avoid a messy workspace. The brass brew boiler takes only a short time to heat thanks to the 1200 W heating element.
The ECM Casa V is often compared to the Rancilio Silvia, another entry-level semi-auto espresso machine with which it shares many similarities. However, the Casa V has a couple of additional features that stand out. The most obvious is that the Casa V has a brew pressure gauge. This is something not found on the Silvia or some other popular models in this class, like the Gaggia Classic Pro or the Bezzera New Hobby. The gauge is an excellent way to analyze how well you’ve dialed in your grind, dose, and tamp.
ECM Casa V Espresso Machine features
- Accessories included with the ECM Casa V: Portafilters – Dual spout portafilter. 58 mm in diameter. Commercial grade quality similar to the other ECM machines.
- Filter baskets – 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Blind filter basket which you use for backflushing. 58 mm in diameter.
- Tamper – A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Cleaning brush – A brush specifically for cleaning the grouphead. There are ridges on the neck of the brush to help prevent scalding water from reaching your hand.
- Silicon hose – This attaches to the water tank adapter if you are going to use an in line water softener.
- Instructional manual – Written in 3 languages: German, English, and Dutch.
- Weight 34 lbs
- Dimensions 22 × 15 × 11 in
- The Casa V has a saturated brew group.
- Single boiler semi-automatic espresso machine with durable stainless steel build
- Easy access to over pressure valve for adjustable brew pressure
- Extra-large drip tray and 3-way solenoid valve to avoid a messy workspace
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
This espresso machine is rock solid and makes great espresso. Comiso was great, had some minor internal damage from shipping, and the replacement part was send immediately. Thank you!